Oh spring, your sunny raining days! I love when it becomes so delicious to go 5 fruits and vegetables per day. I love when spring is green in my plate. The color is so important to make an attractive dish . For green vegetables, there is only one thing to do : cook the vegetables and plunge them directly afterward into iced water to fix the chlorophyll. I also heard that cooking them into sparkling water worked too but never tried.
Potatoes, peas and artichokes spring salad (about 30 minutes)
Ingredients (4 servings) :
- 300g/7oz young potatoes
- 2 artichokes
- 200g/10,5oz peas
- 1 white onion
- 1 salad
- 15-20 leaves of basil
- 2 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 lemon
- Rinse and brush the young potatoes. Steam for 25 minutes.
- Turn the artichokes. Steam for 15 minutes.
- Steam the peas for 10 minutes. Plunge directly into iced water to fix the chlorophyll.
- Peel and slice the onion. Cook for 1-2 minutes in a pan.
- Rinse the salad. Cut the potatoes and artichokes in small pieces.
- In a bowl (or arrange directly in the plate for a better presentation), mix the salad, potatoes, peas, artichokes, onions and finely cut basil. Dress with olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper (+ garlic if you like it too).