One of my favorite thing about cooking is mixing the flavours. When it comes to Canteloupe melon, I usually associate it with Porto and cured ham. For this cold soup, I wanted something refreshing and sweet. Mint and cucumber just bring a touch of freshness while the yogurt makes the texture smooth. Add a pinch of spices for the twist.
Ingredients (4 persons):
- 2 Cantaloupe melons, peeled, seeded and cut into chunks
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled, seeded and cut into chunks
- 20 mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons of yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon four spices (white pepper, cloves, nutmeg and ginger)
- 1 pinch espelette or cayenne pepper
- 1 pinch salt
- In a blender, mix all the ingredients until smooth. Refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.
- Divide soup among 4 bowls. Garnish each serving with sliced cucumber and mint.
Optional : top the soup with 2 or 3 pieces of homemade crispy cured ham
How to make crispy cured ham:
Preheat the oven at 200°C/390°F.
Cover the grill with parchment paper. Place the ham on it.
Cook for 10-15 minutes.